Sinai University offers all its students diversity of books in different fields, SU libraries are certainly one of the highlights of our campuses. With its distinctive architectural design and up-to-date facilities, the library serves the academic community, researchers and students. The library holds around 1500 books in Arabic and more than 3500 books in English on various aspects of business administration, computer science and mass communication.
Our two locations stated below:
Kantara Campus Library
Arish Campus Library
The SU library houses a curriculum-oriented collection containing books, CDs, journals, e-books, e-journals and full-text databases. The collection is mainly geared toward SU degree program requirements. The collection is divided into two categories:
* Traditional library resources (Printed)
Books (English and Arabic) in a variety of curriculum-oriented topics.
Reserve collection: The reserve collection includes both items designated by faculty for their course usage as well as recommended core texts (primary, secondary, background).
* Digital sources:
Journals to cover all academic areas of study from more than 100 academic and professional publishers. (The library website).
Library rules and regulations
* The Library opens from: 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM.
* The Library is closed on Thursday and Fridays and holidays.
* No smoking, drinking or eating are allowed inside the Library.
* Bags must be kept at the entrance.
* Mobiles must be put onto silent & calls made outside the Library.
* Silence is required, as well as cleanliness.
* Readers must leave the Library books on the table after reading.
* All non-Library books should be reported to the Librarian upon entry to the library.
* Readers with queries should not hesitate to contact the Librarian.
* For borrowing books, please refer to the borrowing rules.
* The Librarian has the right to take appropriate action against any violation of the library rules.
* A borrower should be a student or a staff member at SU.
* An individual may borrow up to 3 books at a time.
* Loan period is two renewable weeks. Extra copies of the most popular books are on one week loan.
* Journals may not be borrowed.
* The borrower is responsible for the books in his possession.