The emergence of Sinai University
Sinai University was established refereeing to the presidential decree number 363 for year 2005 in accordance to provisions of law number 101 year 1992 regarding the private Universities which was replaced by law number 12 year 2009 regarding the private and civil Universities and its executive regulations issued by the presidential decree number 302 for year 2010
Sinai University Faculties are as the following:
- Faculty Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Industries.
- Faculty of Dentistry.
- Faculty of Engineering Science.
- Faculty of Information Technology and Computer Science.
- Faculty of Business Administration and International Marketing.
- Faculty of Media Technology.
- Faculty of Medicine.
- Faculty of Physical Therapy.
- Faculty of Tourism and Hotel Management
- Faculty of Biotechnology.
- Faculty of Energy and Mining Technology.
- Faculty of Humanities.
- Faculty of Modern Agricultural Science.
- Research and development Sinai Center.
- Post Graduated studies.
The University Concept
The significance of establishing a university, including research centers, especially in the North of Sinai, is not only due to the lack of such universities in this area but also to the special importance of having a world-class education to support the economic development of the region and to tie the Egyptian economy to the changes and transformation of the international economic system in the 21st century. Specialized high institutes are also needed, hence many countries tended to set up more universities, academies, institutes, and cities. The idea is to increase the flexibility in different economic sectors by securing a base of specialists who constitute the real starting point for economic growth. This fact does not negate the risk of establishing this university in Sinai, which represents a real challenge for national participation in the development of this region.
Sinai University is keen to realize the following objectives:
- Supporting the strong relationship between Egypt and all advanced countries with special significance to Arab and African neighboring countries due to strategic Sinai value.
- Transferring the advance technology to Egypt and discovering the latest technology in different sciences.
- Supplying European and multi-national companies in the region with qualified graduates and benefiting from the research centers in Sinai development plan.
- Encouraging and promoting Arab and foreign investments in Egypt in general and Sinai in particular.
- Producing qualified graduates for the Egyptian, Arab, African, and European labor markets to meet the needs of the different economic sectors.
- Having a big number of high efficiency specialists in the different majors to serve the private sector which is in turn very important to promote the national economy and empower it to complete internationally especially with the GATT agreement is in effect.
- Adopting English as the language of instruction and as a key for mutual international cooperation.
- Playing a distinctive role in keeping Sinai a clean environment.
- Employing staff members from distinct international universities.
Degrees granted by Sinai University:
University Council award the following academic degrees upon the request of college boards:
- Bachelor Degree.
- Professional Diploma degrees in various disciplines.
- Professional Master’s Degree.
- Master’s Degree.
- Professional PHD Degree.
- PHD Degree.
The University also award honorary degrees and training certificates.